About

Wycliffe Memorial Evangelical Church was established in 1912 and was named after John Wycliffe, a man who historians have called the “Morning Star of the Reformation”. Born in the 1300s, Wycliffe criticized abuses and false teachings in the Church of the day, and in 1382 he translated the Latin bible into English—the first European translation completed in over 1,000 years.
the_wycliffe


The Church was set up as an Independent Evangelical Church and is governed by a Board of Trustees.

The Sankey Hymnbook and Mission Praise are both used in the church.

The church premises can be found at the junction of Tulketh Brow and Water Lane in Ashton, Preston (see map on the Contact Us page) and consists of a main church hall with traditional pews and central pulpit.

There is a large porch area and a balcony to the rear of the church.

Downstairs, we have a large church hall with adjoining large kitchen and meeting rooms which are used by the Junior Church, the Monday Night Fellowship and also for any of our regular social occasions.
There is ample car parking across the road from the church, and a small parking area at the side. Blue badge holders may park directly outside the church.

The No 35 (Tanterton) bus stops outside of the church.

For further details, please see the link to Preston Buses on the Contact Us/Links page.

The original ethos of the church, which was that the main emphasis should be based on sound bible teaching, is still maintained today by Pastor Dave Solt.

The bible in use at the church is the Authorised Version.

“For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid which is Jesus Christ.” - 1 Cor. 3 v 11

Wycliffe has best been described as “a friendly fellowship with traditional values, but not set in its ways!”

Outside

Ref:
Date:
Location:
Photographer: